Sunday, January 12, 2014

CHALLENGE 1 | DAY 10 | 30 day challenges and learn to blog

12 january '14

Writing skills. What? 

The quest about better blogging takes me to sites about writing skills. I need skills or methods to improve my writing. On the website +wikihow you can find a article about methods for improving your writing.

Method 1 The basics
- Write active instead of passive
- Use strong words, but this doesn't mean you use complicated words
- Write simple direct and clear
- Let readers discover what you mean, don't explain it in detail
- Avoid cliches
- Break the rules
- Keep editing

Method 2 Read a lot of books
- Read classic good books and learn to understand why it's classic.
- Go to theatre, read newspapers, magazines
- Try not to copy the style of classical good writers. Do some free writing exercise to discover your own style

Method 3 Write a lot, write often, write as much as you can
- Write everything that comes to mind down in a notebook
- Buy a new notebook when the first one is full
- Go for a writing class, do a workshop, learn from other people
- Just write every single day!

Writing or blogging, in my situation it's the same. I write every day, except on saturdays. Maybe it's time to read more classic novels. The books I read are all non-fiction. That's what I like. I will write a book this year and that will be a non fiction, informative book. This methods as described above, might come in handy.
16th of march there is a writing workshop in Amsterdam. +www.schrijfatelier.nl organizes a training for column writing. This looks interesting and I put it in my agenda.




No comments:

Post a Comment