Thursday, January 16, 2014

ONE TIME CHALLENGE | Tango workshop

16 january '14

Charlie, Tango, Bravo


My first impulsive action of the year! I went fully out of my comfort zone today. On tuesday I went on a dinner with a colleague and friend. We had a great 'authentic' thai meal and spent the time with some great conversation topics. One of the topics was 'the Tango'. He told me a story about the beauty of this dance. Besides the beauty he described all the feelings and interactions, between human beings, while dancing this extraordinary dance!

So I was stoked and that same night I went for a research and found +www.tangogroningen.nl where they teach you all about the Argentinian Tango. The funny part is that the have lessens to try for free until thursday 16th, today! Without hesitation I mailed and today I had a workshop/lesson!

What a difficult but interesting way of dancing. Especially the feeling and interaction between the male and female. Learning to lead, learning to feel and learning all about your own posture and movement. A very uncomfortable situation for me. I had to touch strange women. I had to move in a way that I've never done before. I had to be social.

Patience, relaxation, feeling, listening, body language, focus, trying, failing, learning. So many words come to mind and all just after 1,5 hour of trying something I never tried before!

No comments:

Post a Comment