Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CHALLENGE 1 | DAY 13 | 30 day challenges and learn to blog

15 january '14

Healthy aging

Today I went for my annual health check. Sounds interesting? This are my  health check results at this moment.

Name: Tjitze Postma
Length: 176 cm
Weight: 71 kg
Age: 28 years

BMI: 23
Bodyfat: 8%
Organ fat: 1

Blood pressure: 64/121
Cholesterol: 4
Glucose level: 5.5

Metabolic age: 13 years :D (I think this is super funny)

The most scary thing (yeah some things are scary to do for me) was the scale. Since my last matches in judo I've never touched a scale again. I reject the machine deeply. It makes me feel anxious. When I see my weight I think about it and decide in my head, that I weigh to much. This is the process of years and years of weightless for matches. Even after 8 or 9 years I have the compulsive feeling of loosing weight. 
The nice lady who helped me said that I'm super healthy. There's only one big subject, which can become dangerous. That's the body fat. That super low for a guy. Normal would be around 12%. Below 8% is not healthy anymore. So she advised me to check this every 3 months or so. 

That's what I'm gonna do. My health is very important for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment